Friday, April 24, 2009

the heavens birthed romance
viewed through emerald eyes
he smiles, she sighs
in too many tries at substance
i'm here the stuff of fiction
unpleasant reveries
selling out the best of me for blistering impermanence
like chasing fallen angels
hoping if this icharus gets burned enough times
one day i'll be consumed
and write her name on the sun
and if i die trying
at least i'll die for something
and something is better the empty skyed nights
spent in transient castles
me in ephemoral rapture and no one to stare at these stars with

tears in the viridian
feels like it's her again
my hurricane hope for calmer waters
and a broken daughter

i only want the wind to stop.
fall dead to the ground
and the only sounds these dreary nights make
are the whispers of God to my heart, my soft spoken stalemate

No comments:

Post a Comment